Acne is a common skin disorder affecting many teenagers. It is the disorder of pilo sebaceous apparatus (sebaceous hair follicle). Each hair follicle contains a tiny hair and a sebaceous gland. The sebaceous gland produces sebum. Sebum is an oily substance.
Sebum travels up to the hair follicle and then comes out to the skin. These sebaceous follicles are blocked and inflamed in acne. Acne develops on those areas of the skin where sebaceous glands are many in number. Mainly you get acne on the face, but it also appears on neck, scalp, chest, back, upper arms and shoulders.
This includes whiteheads, blackheads, redheads and inflamed patches of skin.
Acne occurs normally among teenagers, but anyone can get acne, even babies. Hormonal changes related to puberty, menstrual periods, pregnancy and stress play a role in causing acne. Acne is not that dangerous , but it can leave skin scars. Acne tends to run in families.
If you have acne
According to Ayurveda, acne occurs due to vitiated Blood ( Raktha Dushti) along with vitiated Kapha and Vata. Vitiated Kapha prevents the normal excretory function of the skin and thereby allowing the waste materials accumulated inside, producing symptoms like itching, pustules and nodules formation.
Treatment of acne
• In severe cases of acne (fulminant acne), some internal medication like blood purifiers, pitta pacifying herbal formulations should be given.
• Correction of diet and regular exercise is necessary to regain regular bowel habits.
• Mild laxatives can be given to prevent constipation.
• Make the paste of lodhra, dhanyaka and vacha with water and then apply it on your face.
• Make the paste of Ashwagandha, Chandana, Manjishta and Yashtimadhu with water and then apply it on your face.
• The paste of Masur dal (lentil) with curd and a few drops of neem oil, if applied on the face will bestow you a good complexion and will cure acne.
Raktamoshan (Blood letting) is also the most acceptable treatment for treating vitiated Rakta Dosha. This treatment helps in removing all vitiated doshas that works to produce various symptoms of the disease.
Ayurveda treatment gives excellent result in management of acne and it gives a positive impacts to the individuals who were upset with the problem of acne.
I want to thanks all the faculty members and staff of Shri Kaya Kalp for giving me such a nice atmosphere and care at the centre that made the learning very easy for me. The training [Read More]
I was recommended by my friend who has taken a treatment from Shri Kaya Kalp for arthritis. I was equally benefited by the treatment which I took for low back pain. Allopathic [Read More]
I always think that Ayurveda is a very complicated science but after doing the 4 weeks course in Ayurvedic massage and panchkarma therapy I changed my opinion [Read More]