The hunger towards exploring new tastes is never-ending. Indian food is famous for its toothsome curries, and snacks filled with mouth burning spices and complex flavor pairings.
These taste combinations are unlike anything found elsewhere around the world and ignite a gigantic explosion in the mouth. But the aftermath that awaits us are some crucial digestive problems.
Over 90% of people suffer from everyday digestion problems such as gas, bloating, stomach pain, constipation, heartburn, and fatigue after eating in India. Most of them find it difficult to enjoy the time and find only temporary solutions as a cure. Nature itself provides accurate remedies for all digestive disorders and we call it as Ayurveda.
There are some simple steps that can help us effectively process our foods and burn any previously accumulated toxins. They are:
1. Taking a short walk prior to eating will help to clarify whether hunger is genuine or not. Emotional cravings will dissipate after a walk while true hunger will be enhanced.
2. Drink more water at regular intervals. Take one or two cups of water upon waking and a large glass at room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes before your meal. This will improve the digestive capacity.
3. Take a deep breath just after your meals before moving on to your next activity. This will help the body to attain a level of satisfaction.
4. If possible try to have a small cup of lassi (Blend of pure yogurt and water in 1:3 ratio) mixed with a pinch of cumin powder and salt for proper digestion.
5. If meals tend to make you sleepy, a very short walk after a meal can be highly beneficial.
6. Lying on your left side for 5–15 minutes after lunch can help you in improving digestion.
7. Undertaking exercises like yoga and activities associated with it are also suggested.
8. Try a dietary cleansing through different fasting methods once in a week.
9. Following consistent daily routines, meditations and practicing Yamas are also suggested.
Limiting alcohol consumption, avoid oily and spicy food, Include fiber-rich food in your diet, avoid sour foods and maintain proper posture after a meal, etc.
There are different herbal formulas that can reduce stomach ulcers – Alsarex, Ayucid, Avipattikar Churna.
Avoid keeping your stomach empty and consume milk to reduce stomach ulcers. Avoid oily and spicy or pungent food, it will only increase the outbreak of ulcer.
Gas and indigestion
Ajwain, Amla, Adrak, Lavanga, and Black pepper which are common in our kitchen are effective against these problems.
With diarrhea you need to replenish the liquid loss, hence it is recommended to consume vegetable soups.
Ayurvedic Doctors at SKK Ayurveda & Panchakarma provides digestive disorders treatment in New Delhi.Mail Us @ email@example.com
Blog Reviewed By: Dr. Tarun Gupta
Book an appointment: ayurvedacoursesindia.com/contact-us
I want to thanks all the faculty members and staff of Shri Kaya Kalp for giving me such a nice atmosphere and care at the centre that made the learning very easy for me. The training [Read More]
I was recommended by my friend who has taken a treatment from Shri Kaya Kalp for arthritis. I was equally benefited by the treatment which I took for low back pain. Allopathic [Read More]
I always think that Ayurveda is a very complicated science but after doing the 4 weeks course in Ayurvedic massage and panchkarma therapy I changed my opinion [Read More]